Summer time calls for fresh and easy-to-prepare meals. This salad is perfect to batch cook for a week of lunches, or to wow your guests at your next BBQ. I first whipped this salad up to bring to a potluck, and when it got rave reviews, I knew I had to bring it to the blog. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 cup whole wheat penne, rotinni or macaroni pasta noodles (dry measure)
- chopped vegetables
- 2 cups of kale
- 1/2 cup zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large pot. Once it comes to a rolling boil, add 2
Tbsp canola oil and pasta noodles. Stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- While the pasta cooks prepare the pesto and chop the vegetables.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add pesto and vegetables to warm pasta, stir well to ensure all the pasta becomes coated with the pesto.
- Serve the pasta warm, or let cool and store in the fridge to serve cold.
Makes 4-6 servings.