Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cake. Need we say more? Didn’t think so. This cake is so deliciously decedent; you won’t be able to get enough. Try this no fuss recipe that allows you to whip up a chocolate cake for any special occasion.
You will need…
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup organic sugar
- ½ cup coca
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
Prepare the Batter
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, or a 12 set cupcake pan.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
3. Add in the coconut oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Combine until smooth.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool.
Prepare the Icing
1. In a large bowl add ½ cup plant based butter spread (ex. Earth Balance Spread), 1 cup organic powdered sugar and 1-2 drops vanilla extract. Combine all the ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Once the cake is cooled, top with frosting and enjoy!